To Love God, Love Others, and Serve the World.
of Christ: We believe that Jesus Christ is the
Head of the Church and as such He deserves first place in all things. We
surrender ourselves to His will for the glory of God. (Eph 1:22-23; Acts 2:36; Col 1:18)
Centered Preaching and Teaching: We believe that the primary source for all teaching and
preaching is the Scriptures, which are inspired by God, without error and are
used in all ages areas to teach, rebuke correct and train in righteousness. (2
Family: We support
the spiritual nurture of the family as one of God’s dynamic means to perpetuate
the Christian faith (2 Tim 1:5)
and Worship: We
strive to exalt Christ in every area of our lives by acknowledging God’s
supreme worth through times of individual and corporate worship. We desire
these times of worship to lead each of us to a personal encounter with God that
reinforces our love for Him. (Matt 22:37-39)
value godly leadership. We expect both pastoral & lay leadership to
maintain a high standard of Christian living & example (James 3:1); We
expect our leadership to lead others to serve in a ministry (Ephesians 4:12);
We expect our leaders to continually seek to grow through ongoing education
& mentoring (Proverbs 27:17).
Evangelism and Missions: We value Great Commission Evangelism as God's redemptive
purpose through which our city, state, nation and world can be changed by the
gospel of Jesus Christ. (Matt 29:18-20; Acts 1:8)
Fort Caroline Baptist Church is a regional Southern Baptist Congregation serving Southeast Jacksonville by reaching people from all walks of life.
Our vision is…1. To be a Bible-centered and mission-driven fellowship.
2. To share the Good News of Jesus Christ with the thousands of people in our community.
3. To help people experience God in creative, spiritual, celebrative, and relevant worship services.
4. To impact our community through life-changing ministries.
5. To help every member fulfill his/her life’s mission in the world through the discovery, development, and deployment of spiritual gifts.
6. To send out hundreds of church members all around the world on short and long-term mission trips.
7. To continually foster an atmosphere where members are eager to invite their lost and un-churched friends to Fort Caroline Baptist Church.
8. To lead our LifeGroups to grow through proven principles.
9. To lead our church to expand opportunities for worship which will accommodate our continued growth.
10. To strive for excellence in everything we do, giving Christ the best we have to offer.