For a comprehensive statement of our doctrinal beliefs please read The Baptist Faith and Message.
1. There is only one true God. The eternal Triune God has revealed Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being (1 Timothy 2:5).
2. God desires to have a personal relationship with us and that this only occurs through His Son, Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 2:5-6).
3. We are to obey God and live by His commands (Deuteronomy 13:4).
4. Our salvation is to be followed by baptism (Mark 1:1-13; Matthew 28:19).
5. The Bible is God’s Word given to us for daily instruction and is without error (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
6. God sent us a comforter called the Holy Spirit to guide us in our daily walk with Him (John 14:16-17).
7. In worshiping God freely, but with decency and order (1 Corinthians 14:40).
8. Our bodies are the temple of God and should be treated as such (1 Corinthians 3:16-17).
9. We should not engage in activities which would cause others to stumble (Romans 14:19-23).
10. In becoming disciples of Jesus Christ and multiplying ourselves as followers of Christ into others (John 8:31-32, 2 Timothy 2:2).
SALVATION THROUGH CHRIST: A MATTER OF F.A.I.T.H.
Jesus loves you and wants to have a personal relationship with you.
In your personal opinion, what do you understand it takes for a person to get to heaven and have eternal life?
Here is how the Bible answers this question. It is answered in one word: FAITH.
F Is for Forgiveness
Everyone has sinned and needs God's forgiveness. Romans 3:23: "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
God's forgiveness is in Jesus only. Ephesians 1:7: "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace."
A Is for Available
God's forgiveness is available for all. John 3:16: "God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life."
God's forgiveness is available but not automatic. Matthew 7:21: "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord!' will enter the kingdom of heaven."
I Is for Impossible
According to the Bible, it is impossible to get to heaven on our own. Ephesians 2:8-9: "By grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift - not from works, so that no one can boast."
So how can a sinful person have eternal life and enter heaven?
T Is for Turn
If you were going down the road and someone asked you to turn, what would he or she be asking you to do? (Change direction) Turn means repent. Turn away from sin and self. Luke 13:3: "Unless you repent, you will all perish as well!"
Turn to Jesus alone as your Savior and Lord. John 14:6: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
Here is the greatest news of all. Romans 10:9-10: "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. With the heart one believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses, resulting in salvation."
What happens if a person is willing to repent of their sins and confess Christ?
H Is for Heaven
- Heaven is a place where we will live with God forever. John 14:3: "If I go away and prepare a place for you, I will come back and receive you to Myself, so that where I am you may be also."
- Eternal life begins now with Jesus. John 10:10: "I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance."
H can also stand for how.
How can a person have God's forgiveness, eternal life, and heaven? By trusting Jesus as your Savior and Lord. You can do this right now by praying and asking Jesus to forgive you of your sins and inviting Jesus into your heart.
Accepting Christ is just the beginning of a wonderful adventure with God! Get to know Him better in a number of ways:
- Follow Christ's example in baptism.
- Join a church where you can worship God and grow in your faith.
- In your church, get involved in Sunday School and Bible study.
- Begin a daily personal worship experience with God where you study the Bible and pray.
We’d love to hear from you - Please feel free to ask us any questions you have about becoming a Christian, or tell us about your decision to follow Jesus Christ. Please let us know how we can serve you.